The 42nd Ryder Cup is less than six months away and this year comes to you from beautiful Paris, France. The legendary match play event features Jim Furyk and Tiger Woods on the American team heading into Paris in search of The United States’ first win in Europe since 1993. International bragging rights are at stake in this once every other year event where the world’s best golfers compete for personal and national pride.
With Paris and the beautiful French countryside as the back for The 2018 Ryder Cup, every golf enthusiast would want to attend.
Do you have The Ryder Cup in Paris as one of your bucket list travel destinations? Here are five reasons you absolutely should be witnessing the thrilling drama of high stakes golf match play in an iconic Parisian setting.
1) The Ryder Cup is one of the international golf events of this year and being that it only occurs once every two years in alternating European and American locations. 2018 is your one opportunity in the next four years to bear witness to the Ryder Cup in a stunning European city. Which European city is more beautiful and culturally iconic than Paris?
2) Fan Attire and national pride take center stage at the Ryder Cup. While Ralph Lauren and Loro Piana design the official uniforms for the Ryder Cup teams, many fans come to the event dressed in garb you’d see at an NFL football game with wacky outfits and props to display their national pride.
3) The venue, The Albatros Course at Le Golf National in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines with its slick greens and links style bunkers ranks as one of the finest golf courses in the world.
4) You can stay at one of a few five star hotels such as Hotel du Collectionneur or Hotel du Louvre Hyatt in the heart of historical Paris. Enjoy a stay in luxury near stores selling the most high-end fashion in the world, historical icons such as The Eiffel Tower or The Arc de Triomphe, and the best culinary experiences in Europe.
5) Explore golf courses and history in Normandy, castles in Augerville, wine in Bordeaux and in Provence - all within easy reach from Paris.
The Ryder Cup is golf legend and Paris is a cultural icon. If you’ve ever considered being part of the event and exploring France, please visit Elite Ryder Cup Experiences for more on how to check this event off of your bucket list and take it all in. Tiger Woods and the Americans are marching into Paris to take The Ryder Cup for The United States.