Dr. Tony Parker, the official historian of The World Golf Hall of Fame is hosting Elite Golf Experiences Epic Scotland Golf and History Tour this October. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore the home of golf with one of the greatest historians the game has ever seen. Celebrated not only for his knowledge but his accomplishments, Dr. Parker developed a world class research center at St Andrews University dedicated to the study of the history of golf before coming to Saint Augustine, Florida to educate the thousands of golf fanatics who tour the World Golf Hall of Fame every year.
Did you know that Dr. Parker was the first member of the management committee for the St Andrews Golf Club not born of the British Isles? Dr. Parker was also the first Curator of Golf Collections in the Special Collections Division of the University of St Andrews, where he earned his Ph. D. in Scottish History. With such an impressive resume, Dr. Parker has become the go to historian for the Golf Channel.
Despite his impressive resume and experiences, Dr. Parker has maintained a level of relatability to even the most amateur golf fan, which I experienced myself upon having met and interviewed Dr. Parker this spring to discuss the upcoming Scotland tour. New to the golf industry myself, I felt some level of anxiety as I arrived at his office to discuss history and a tour to his second home, St Andrews. However, once our conversation started, I was immediately put at ease. Dr. Parker’s down to earth persona and ability to transport you to the Old Course through his own personal stories and recounting of history incites excitement and duty to make this pilgrimage to the home of golf. What better way to pay homage to our beloved sport than with Dr. Parker himself?
When recounting his time spent on the Old Course, he describes a type of magic, a FEELING of the history, that brings all golfers together. He set out on his adventure to St Andrews in pursuit of his Ph. D. in Scottish History, but he gained so much more. Imagine what you might gain traveling, learning, and playing golf alongside Dr. Parker.
Highlights of this “Bucket List” tour include,
1. Begin with a three night stay at Gleneagles Resort and Spa, a 5* luxury hotel with three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa, and the only restaurant in Scotland to hold two Michelin stars.
2. Play on 7 world class championship courses at the Home of Golf including Gleneagles, St. Andrews Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns and others that will leave you gasping for more
3. Make your taste buds sing as you visit some of the oldest distilleries in the world for tasting sessions including the Glenturret (Famous Grouse), Tullibardine and Kingsbarns; apart from a grand Mini Burns Supper Experience.
4. Visit numerous heritage castles and world-famous attractions such as the Scone Palace, British Golf Museum, Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument, Edinburgh Castle and the RSS Discovery Point in Dundee.
5. A walking tour of the legendary St. Andrews University, escorted by a student ambassador, where you will learn about the history, traditions and life as a student of the University.
Elite Golf Experiences Epic Scotland Golf and History Tour escorted by Dr. Tony Parker is more than a week of memories and bragging rights that will last you a lifetime. The attendance of the extraordinary Dr. Tony Parker as tour guide with his knowledge, experience, and charm make this trip one you cannot miss and will never forget. Please visit the Elite Golf Experiences Scotland Golf and History Tour page for more information on this legendary event!
Apr 17, 2019